7.24.2012

365 good mornings and good nights of happiness.

For as long as I care to remember I've never been so easily decided about a person. The moment I began to take interest in the mysterious opposite sex brought with it ums, ahs and carefree flings. And that was the stone-set way until I met the delightful and strange human being I now refer to as my other half. And the last 365 days with this person has offered no ums, ahs or even close comparisons to a fling. I am truly, deeply and madly sure. I can rest easy for the remainder of my days knowing that I am extremely lucky to have met the person I want to anchor myself to and not let go.


 For my first and last one year anniversary, we decided to do something a little special. There is a lookout high above the coastal city of Wollongong in Sydney's south called Mt Keira. It offers breathtaking, eagle-eyed views of the city and a quiet place to steal a kiss or two. For years (not unlike the Parisian Lover's bridge where Carrie and Big share a moment ), lovers have fastened padlocks to the lookout fence to declare their affections. A year or so ago, the local council took to the locks with a pair of boltcutters (vicious or practical- you be the judge) but we decided to take our chances and fasten our very own love lock to the fence. 


Our 365th day together finished with a decadent feast at Thiroul local haunt Samuels. The food there is literally straight from heaven. Lime aoili and prawns, melt in the mouth beef cheek, salsa and the flakiest of fish and the mash! Do not underestimate the humble potato mash. It is like eating a cloud, a delicious cloud. Not forgetting desert- chocolate fondant begging to be eaten and lemon crรจme brule with salted caramel. Not licking the plate clean required a double dose of willpower.


365 days of pure, simple and bloody delicious happiness.

1 comment: