1.16.2012

worth mentioning.



The Naked and famous.
- n[ay]ked meaning completely bare - f[ay]mus meaning widely known/much celebrated.

Possibly the best thing to come out of New Zealand since bobby pins. You've most likely already heard a snippet of their vocal stylings on shows like Gossip Girl, The Secret Circle or TV ads for Strongbow cider. Listen to their album Passive Me, Agressive You once and you'll have it on repeat, I promise. I got the privilidge to be front and centre at their Parklife 2011 gig and boy, oh boy did they deliver. We waited over three hours to secure our spot and the wait was worth every second of their set. The band's lead vocalist Alisa Xayalith has a voice that not only packs a punch but sends shivers down your spine. I found myself oblivious to my surroundings (festival heads pushing left, right and centre, spilt drinks and stepped on toes) and singing along to the music like I was the only one there. Songs worth listening to include not only the popular Young blood but Girls like you and All of this. Keep your eyes on this one, they're certainly set for great heights.

You're very welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment