5.15.2012

four kicks I cannot live without this winter.

With winter well and truly advancing upon us, thongs and sandals are banished into hibernation to be replaced by more seasonal appropriate footwear fancies. I decided to pay homage to the four faithfuls getting me through the crisper weather.


 Number one is the humble hi-top Converse. Comfortable without looking sloppy, team these with leather tights and a plain tee for that I-just-don't-care vibe or pair with a high, skater skirt and peter-pan blouse for a more preppy look.

They say a leopard never changes his spots. I disagree. A year ago I would have never been caught wearing leopard print and now a year later, these bad boys are looking very well worn. Team leopard print flats with anything, you'll be surprised of their versatility and ability to spice up any outfit.

Shoes can often be unappreciated by the opposite gender and these are no exception. My boyfriend says I look like 'I'm off to the ranch' but I love these tan-heeled wonders. They add that teensy bit of height (while being comfortable) and look quite sweet with a pretty dress or capri jeans.


Last on my list is a pair studs. Jeffrey Campbell does a mean studd but for those (like myself) who are short of funds, Rubi and Sportsgirl also make similar versions. A little bit punky, a lot of attitude, these studded creations will get you through winter.



No comments:

Post a Comment