5.01.2012

polished to perfection.



Recently I was invited to attend a make-up masterclass for Just Be and to report back to the office with some wonderful goodies and a few tips and tricks I had picked up along the way. I was tres' excited to attend and woke up eager to impress. My morning was going quite smoothly until I got lost. In very high shoes. In an area I had no clue about. With ten minutes till the event began.

Perfect.

I'll skip the boring bits  an encounter with some very helpful, although somewhat pushy churchies and some aimless wandering on my part) and get to the important stuff. I arrive at said event's address (with my new rosary beads and prayer booklet in tow- thank you churchies) breathless and perspiring in my blazer. My carefully straightened hair and applied make-up feels smudged and messy and I sit down amongst the others. The girl to my right is already sitting down, biro in hand, notebook at the ready. Calm and collected she is. Not a hair out of place, impeccable make up and nails. (Mine are chipped after a haphazard and rushed application on the train- never a good idea). All at once, I feel alarmed- where is my notebook, where is my biro?  (and it's one of those fancy tipped ones too). The event begins and she dutifuly takes down notes- complete with diagrams and asks intelligent and funny questions. It's hard not to like her. Immediately, I wish I had bought a nice notebook and fancy biro and that I had asked intelligent and funny questions. I sat in admiration at how collected this girl was and willed myself to get my act together.

I will probably never be that girl. Fact is, I will always be that girl who feels slightly shy inside and will probably stumble a few times in her high heels. I will be the girl who gets lost and speaks with a squeaky voice when she is nervous. I will be the girl who drops whatever is in her handbag as she runs for the train she will inevitably miss. And come to think of it, that's alright with me.

- The event was great by the way. I learnt how to apply make-up like the queen of the Nile. Take a peek at my make-up tab if you wanna know too.

No comments:

Post a Comment